All right guys… I found out why they named themselves “PillowProfits”
Because they’re asleep! While their clients business is hurting.
So today I had to refund four customers ($360) because they received fake tracking numbers. This is only so far… I might get more in the near future from the approximately 50 orders I had of PillowProfit products.
One of the orders is even second time they give me an invalid or fake tracking number.
I think PillowProfits are willing to refund from their end as well, which would be about $180. So now I have to
- Refund the markup from my own pocket
- Facebook are not going to refund the ad spend which is $25-$35 pr sale
- Paypal will put a fee on the refund
- it’s risky to have too many refunds on Paypal. If too many, they will limit your account
- I now have customers calling my store a “scam” so the stores reputation will be worse
- I can’t get back the xtra time I put in to these refunds
Is this worth it?
The customer support don’t even explain what is going on.
They’re slacking and you shouldn’t accept that. Business is serious.
Thanks for reading.
Jonas, the digital spartan